Monday, October 22, 2012

Close, but no cigar

Ugh post-audition thoughts are the worst. First of all, they either liked you or you didn't, and I can't control that. The only thing I can control is how prepared I was and if I felt like I did a good job or not. The problem with that is my evaluation of how I did is obviously based on how they responded. So either they liked me or they didn't. So let's say I just got a "thank you" and I leave. In which case I feel like I bombed it. Then I go into the downward spiral of thinking that I suck at life and will never get anywhere. Poop. Or I just tell myself that it is what it is and move on. Obviously the healthier option. Now here's where I get a little crazy. What if I did a great job. The casting directors loved me, and I get a callback, and the producers loved me, and my agent gets an email saying how much everyone loved me. Yay! I'm on top of the world, right? For about five seconds after which I start banging my head against the wall waiting for the call saying that I booked it. Everyone loved me! Why haven't I gotten the call?!?! It's funny how being so close feels so much worse than completely missing the mark.

No comments: